|Yeah, I'm kind of sloppy when I drop the cookie dough|
Recipe Yield: 2 dozen (or 16 sloppy, big ones)
- 1/2 cup (two sticks) butter, softened*
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon imitation** coconut extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut M&Ms (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugars together. Mix in egg, coconut extract and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Stir into the butter mixture until well blended.
- Mix in the chocolate chips, shredded coconut and M&Ms.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets (I prefer to use parchment paper--I stopped burning cookies when I started using it).
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
* For dairy free, substitute margarine for butter and use dairy-free chocolate chips **Unlike imitation vanilla, imitation coconut tastes great. I don't know if there's a non-imitation version, either.