Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Chocolate Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

Or CCC Cookies! Yes, it's that time again--time for a recipe!

Yeah, I'm kind of sloppy when I drop the cookie dough

Recipe Yield: 2 dozen (or 16 sloppy, big ones)

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup (two sticks) butter, softened*
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup light brown sugar 
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon imitation** coconut extract
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 3/8 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup coconut M&Ms (optional)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In large bowl, cream butter and sugars together. Mix in egg, coconut extract and vanilla until light and fluffy. 
  3. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Stir into the butter mixture until well blended. 
  4. Mix in the chocolate chips, shredded coconut and M&Ms. 
  5. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets (I prefer to use parchment paper--I stopped burning cookies when I started using it).
  6. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. 
  7. Enjoy!


    * For dairy free, substitute margarine for butter and use dairy-free chocolate chips **Unlike imitation vanilla, imitation coconut tastes great. I don't know if there's a non-imitation version, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it civil and remember that my blog is not for debate. I have friends in all walks of life, so don't assume anything from individual posts! I do enjoy hearing from you, though :)