Monday, September 17, 2012

Quick, Easy Meal Recipe: Bacon and Eggs Ramen



Seriously? Yes. I'm far from granola in my crunchy status. Every now and then, what I really love is some good old poor people food. If it's already going to be unhealthy, why not go all the way and add bacon?

So, this will be in my "quick meals" recipe file--this one takes a little bit on the longer side, but that's okay, it's still done pretty quick and easy. The bacon is the longest part.

Needed: Two packages Chicken Ramen (trust me, you can do another variety, but chicken is what you want)
Bacon (1-2 strips per person)
3 eggs

So, first thing's first: fry up that bacon in a skillet (no, don't use the oven, you need the bacon grease for the ramen). Start boiling water (I use an electric kettle). When it has about 3 minutes left and your water is boiling, in a large bowl or another skillet, drop the two packets of ramen noodles and pour the water over them. Cover and set a timer for 2 minutes.

Pull the bacon from the skillet when it's done and set it on  some paper towels (or whatever you usually rest bacon on to absorb some grease) and then drain all of the water off the noodles. Put the bacon skillet back on the burner and drop the noodles in. Sprinkle with the seasoning (one packet if you like less sodium, two if you like the full dose) and then drop in the eggs.

Stir like crazy with a spatula. Cook until the eggs firm up all over, then transfer to plates and serve with the bacon on top or on the side. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it civil and remember that my blog is not for debate. I have friends in all walks of life, so don't assume anything from individual posts! I do enjoy hearing from you, though :)